student resources

Scholarship Information

All students can go to college, regardless of immigration status. We will continue to add links to this page to assist students and parents with the search for scholarships.

Students needing information and assistance with completing scholarship applications, writing their essays, and getting letters of recommendation are encouraged to contact us.

Here are our current student resources:

Scholarships A-Z
Washington Student Achievement Council
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber Scholarships 
Clark College Scholarships 
Washington State University-Vancouver Scholarships 
Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools
Evergreen Public Schools-Scholarships 
LULAC Scholarships 
Sea Mar Scholarships 
University of Washington-Tacoma: Scholarships and Financial Aid
Community Foundation SW Washington (Please mark your calendar for 2021 scholarship season! Applications will be open December 1 through March 31.)


State Financial Aid for Undocumented Individuals and Select Non-Citizens

Washington State offers financial aid programs to students who aren’t eligible for federal financial aid because of immigration status. In Washington State, undocumented students may still qualify for in-state tuition and for some state financial aid programs. Undocumented students need to meet one of the following standards:

  1. DACA standard
  2. 1079 standard

1. DACA Standard:-
Washington will continue to offer state financial aid and in-state tuition to students with DACA who meet requirements.

2.1079 standard:-

  • You must graduate from a Washington high school (or earn a GED or equivalent) after living in Washington for at least three consecutive years.
  • Live in Washington after earning high school diploma or equivalent until being admitted to college.
    Sign an affidavit (written promise) saying you meet the above requirements. Non-U.S. Citizens must also promise that they will apply to become a permanent U.S. resident as soon as they are eligible. The affidavit is included as part of the WASFA.
    Both students without DACA or with DACA can qualify.

If you meet this standard, you could qualify for any of the following benefits:

  • In-state tuition rates
  • Washington College Grant (formerly State Need Grant)
  • College Bound Scholarship

Determining eligibility
Colleges and universities usually determine eligibility one time. When students first apply for admission or financial aid, the college determines if they meet requirements for in-state tuition and state financial aid.

If you’ve enrolled, and your college has already determined that you meet the DACA standard: You will continue to pay in-state tuition and receive state financial aid if you meet program requirements.

If you are going to college in the future: Your eligibility will depend on which residency standard you meet at the time of application.

If you plan to transfer schools: You need to check with your new college. Colleges may accept the residency determination from a previous college but this process varies by college.

Application Resources

  • WASFA Application Guide
  • College Goal Washington events where you can get free help completing your WASFA or FAFSA

Communication and Promotional Resources

WASFA Español
Contact the Washington Student Achievement Council with questions at or 888-535-0747, option 2.